<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://atravellingcook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Travelling Cook: Food for thought

Food for thought


from here

"Change", David Leibovitz.  I love this article as it discusses the same problem we have here in Germany, everyone wants change and it's really hard to get big notes split!

"Kids left in hot cars: why technology and (your) creativity are needed to prevent the unthinkable", Dan Lacivita, Fast Company




Cate Bolt is a mother of nine, humanitarian, social activist and is awesome. She also has a wicked sense of humour as her craft attests:



"What an ALS family really thinks of the icebucket challenge", Bo Stern, The Difference of a Day

"Drunk online shopping regrets: clarinets, elephants and flatpacks", The Guardian. Good to know I'm not the only one!

 I don't listen to music nearly as much as I used to. I was talking to someone last night about Australian music so I decided to make a quick playlist. It's not exhaustive or in any particular order, a lot of the stuff i wanted to add wasn't on Spotify. I hope you enjoy listening to it, what would you add?

Labels: , ,

A Travelling Cook: Food for thought

Friday, August 22, 2014

Food for thought


from here

"Change", David Leibovitz.  I love this article as it discusses the same problem we have here in Germany, everyone wants change and it's really hard to get big notes split!

"Kids left in hot cars: why technology and (your) creativity are needed to prevent the unthinkable", Dan Lacivita, Fast Company


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Johanna GGG said...

I would not pat that dog even if it had a sign around its neck - though I don't usually pat any dog I don't know.

The other day I got sylvia to use her little stash of coins to buy something and she wanted to know why she didn't get change - kids are fascinated by the idea of exchange of money in shops rather than that you are giving someone money. (will try and read change article when less tired)

The song I think is a quintessential melbourne song is Under the Clocks by the Weddings Parties Anything (and you probably would like that one that goes I aint been to Brunswick for a long long time). Also I would include Solid Rock by Goanna. Love lots on your list but don't know them all.

 
At August 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Cate Lawrence said...

Yeah the dog looks a bit bitey! I'll have to have a listen to those songs :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home